10. The Nightshade Trilogy by Andrea Cremer. I loved these books. These were the first werewolf books I have ever read and they were the perfect firsts! I absolutely adored Andrea Cremer's writing style and the world of the Keepers and Searchers and how it all tied together with the Guardians. Plus she created Shay! *sighs* I'm lookin forward to the last book: Bloodrose! :D
9. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins. I know these books have been out for awhile but I just read them this year. I had heard so much about them and told my brother to give them a try. After he finished the 1st one he told me how great he thought it was so I decided to. That was a wise move of mine haha not vain or anything but I'm glad I read these. It had loads of action! <3
8. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. This is another series that every one had already read. After this years YA-Crush Tourney and how Jace beat Ash (my love of all time) I was curious about what made Jace so great so i finally got them all. Yes, so i read them for the boy (but isn't that what I do already) haha but now I can see why everyone is in love. Great books! Can't wait till the 5th! I guess now I have to read the Infernal Devices hah? :)
7. A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies. This book blew my mind! It was such a gorgeous story. It made me fall in love. It's as simple as that. Asher *sighs* Ya. I kinda love this boy! Lol And then how....ugh you need to read it! That's all I have to say. <3 <3
6. Dark Seeker by Taryn Browning. This book was plain out kick-ass! Jannie is one tough chica. I loved the whole story line! The characters and uhem *giggles* the ending! Kai is pure out HOTT-TASTIC!! I loved this boy with his skythe, his beautiful green eyes, secrets, and love. Well pretty much EVERYTHING. Not to mention this was my first ever ARC! And this was a great first too! Taryn is pure amazing! Loved this book!
5. The Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick This series was also pure out AMAZING! I loved everything about it. I love Nora's character she was vulnerable but very strong when she needed to be. I love her best friend Vee! She is hilarious! And last but CERTAINLY not least....Patch! Dang he can be my angel ANY day!! Hot! Hot! Hot! And you wanna know what else is "Hot! Hot! Hot!? Nora and Patch's steamy relationship! I was literally swooning with every page Patch was on! *melts* *faints* *sighs dreamily* Book four needs to hurry up! (oh and look at those gorgeous black and white covers! Major cover love there!)
4. Die For Me by Amy Plum. Gosh I can't stop ranting and gushing on all these books! Sorry but the whole page is gonna be like this! Wow ok well one the setting: Paris! How better can that get!? Then add in some pretty amazing zombies! (My first zombie book and I LOVE!!) Now add in a totally hot-crush-worthy-obession-swoon-producing-heart-racing-off-the-charts-HOTT!-Frech-kick-ass-guy and see what you get: OUTSTANDING, AMAZING, BREATHTAKING work! I can't say much more it's just too amazing for words! Another sequel I am dying to have! (haha get what I did there! ;)
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth. And once again a book that blew my mind! I Love the whole world/situation Veronica created! The factions. The stimulation. Everything!! To prove how great this book is: I lent it to a friend who does not like books at all for a book report and she finished it all in ONE night! I think that proves my point! No? Then go read it yourself! You NEED! this book! Four! Sigh...Four! I love you!!! :D *crazy fan girl scream* I quote my non-readin friend: "I would have a mystery guy catch me after falling to my doom any day of it was a guy like Four!" Enough said! ;) Insurgent I needeth thou noweth! lol
2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver. Ok so if you haven't heard me say this before I'll say it again. I was really hesitant to read this book. The whole "love is a disease" thing kinda through me off. Then we were assigned to a book report (yes the same one I mentioned as above. She read Divergent and I read Delirium.) I decided to give it a try. BEST. DECISION. I. HAVE. EVER. MADE!!!! No joke! I LOVED, OBSESSED over this book! The whole "love is a disease" thing worked out perfect! Alex...Dear sweet Alex! *cries* *wipes tears away* Sorry. At the mention of his name my heart lurches and my stomach constricts. Wanna know why! :D Ok! Just lean in close so I can whisper! *wispers* You have to find out for yourself! Buy this book people! Don't borrow. Don't get it from the library. NO!! You need to OWN this book! I also need you Pandemonium!! Hurry!!!!
Now! For the top book I adored this year!!!......Drum Role please!!! (Beware this may shock you! You would have NEVER seen this comming!!)
*drum starts playing
*Drum role gets louder and faster
*And it is................
1. The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa. Are you surpised! haha If you know me well then no, you won't be surprised. But who can blame me!? This series is everything I love in books! Seriously EVER SINGLE THING in these books was perfect! I felt every emotion. Literally I bawled my eyes out in The Iron Queen! Ash! My dear beloved Ash! I LOVE him!! No boy has ever captured my heart like he has (fictional and non-fictional) ;) And Puck! I love you Puck! He is the best freind any one could ask for! Meghan starts of vulnerable and week but then she totally takes charge and becomes major kick-ass material! The world of The Neverever were the Fey dwell is beautiful! But don't let the looks fool you! It is dangerous! I loved every line! You guys HAVE to read these books! These are the books that awakened my book absession! I have always loved to read but these...THESE! Started the forest fire that will forever burn! Ya there is not enough words to stress my love! ;) <3 <3 <3
~~~~~~~Best Of 2011~~~~~~~
Now we voted for our favorite individuals now it comes down to the books! Fill out this form and spread the word! :D
Don't forget to check out and vote for your favorite authors, heros, heroine, covers, etc.! Voting ends tomorrow! Winners will be announced December 29th! :D Make your votes count! And spread the word! :) Here's the post! Best of 2011 (it's at the very bottom!)